Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Not me

My friend Donna called me up last night.  She said "Did you start advertising to do quilting on your longarm?"  Uh, no, not yet.  I told her I don't feel that I'm good enough to work on other people's quilt tops yet.  Well, she found an ad in the local freebie newspaper advertising longarm services - and the gals first name was the same as mine!  No last name was given and Donna knew it wasn't my phone number, but she found it kind of funny.

This makes me wonder just how many other longarm quilters there are in my neck of the woods.  Is there a glut in the market?  Do I need to hurry up and start taking in work, even though I don't think I'm ready?  Or should I just stay the course and keep practicing, hoping that things will all work out.  Should I go with my original plan of letting name get out there as I put my work out there more and let the quality of the workmanship speak for itself?  Sigh.  Decisions, decisions.

No comments: