Thursday, November 29, 2012

Better late than never...

So I'm getting a late start on the Easy Street Mystery that Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville is hosting.  Better late than never....  haha.  I'm using the print as my 'background' and the maroon as my 'constant'. 

I sewed about 30 4-patch units together tonight, cut another 20 from strip sets, and cut the remainder of the strips needed for the rest of the units. 

I took a one evening break from the nursing home lap quilts, but I can't do that again until I get them further along.  The date they have to be done is December 9th.  I have four more tops to make, then I can hit the longarm and quilt away.  The only time consuming thing with that will be loading them and that is getting easier for me each time I do it!  Binding will also take some time, but I'll just do it as simply as possible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your 4-patches. Having a longarm must be like heaven. Only in my dreams. Looking foward to clue 2 tomorrow.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

this will be interesting to see your quilt progress with maroon as your constant and the adorable print as your background. Lovely and rich, Quilt on!

Tami C said...

Like your colors. I wasn't brave enough not to use Bonnie's colors. Welcome to the mystery!

Frances Meredith said...

I am using floral prints too, and have mixed up the colours. Glad you have joined in and look forward to watching the progress of your alternative colourway