Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Two more tops done

It's amazing how fast I can get a top put together if the pieces are all ready cut.  That's such a big deal to me, having things ready to just run through the machine.  If I weren't so cheap, I would buy more precuts!  lol

Anyway, tonight I put together two more lap quilt tops for the nursing homes.  They were made of three coordinating fabrics I purchased over the Summer in Arthur.  I really liked the design and color of this material and fabric line.  The colors I bought were green, pink, and purple.  I made one top with pink and purple six inch squares and the other top with green, purple and pink six inch squares.


These photos really do not do the colors and fabrics justice.  Believe me, they really are pretty colors.

I think the next top is going to be another six inch square project and I'm leaning toward a blue/white fabric with a red/white fabric for a little patriotic look.  Maybe, just maybe, I will get the squares cut in the morning before work so when I get home I can just start sewing away.

For dinner tonight I had Johanna put a chunk of ham in the oven early, around 3, so it would be good and warm by the time I got home.  Then made a box potato mix and opened a can of baked beans.  That was such a good supper and I really had the taste for the ham, so I loved it!  Very easy, too.  If I'm going to keep up with these tops, I'm going to have to keep having simple suppers for a few more nights!

No comments: