Saturday, November 3, 2012

Two hours of quilting therapy

Sometimes I get in a funk, kinda down, and I have to just make myself sew.  I spent two hours quilting the rest of big blue tonight (yay!  just have to put the binding on and it's done!).  After that two hours, I felt so good, and so renewed.  Amazing what a couple of hours of quilting therapy will do for a person!

Made a wonderful beef roast for dinner.  Had mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole and a salad.  Yummy!  Tomorrow I am making a pot of bean soup.  Last time I made it I used a bean mix from Arthur.  This time I picked one up at Wal Mart.  The trick is going to be trying to remember what seasonings I put in it.

2 comments:

Glenda in Florida said...

I know just what you mean--I could not get inspired to go into the sewing room all week, but last night I got a backing pieced, and then stayed in there working on more things for hours--while watching Christmas movies. I love sewing to Chrismas movies :-)
My favorite bean soup mix comes from the Honeybaked Ham store. They sell ham bones too, but I use what's left after I buy my ham from the grocery store. I enjoy reading your blog every day.

bunbear said...

Glenda, thanks so much for reading my blog. It's nice to know I'm not the only one reading it...haha.

I like a good pot of ham and bean soup, too, especially with a nice hambone in it. The soup today didn't have any meat in it. Made it for my vegetarian son, but it's got a very good flavor, even without the meat.