Friday, January 16, 2009

Another cold day

It's another bitter cold day. I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm going to the movies with a friend tonight. I'm really looking forward to it. We are going to see Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. I don't go to the movies too often, so I hope this is a good one. I remember one year I only went to one movie, around my birthday, with my husband. I was so disappointed because the movie was a real dud.

Last night I finished cutting the brown triangles for DD mystery. I was able to sew triangles on half of the squares on one side. I'm thinking since the kids are just going to have to fend for themselves, food wise, tonight I might get to sew a little before I go to the show. But if I don't I have a three day weekend to sew as much as I want.

We have an old car that we need to junk. I'm hoping we can get it cleaned out and that it will run just long enough to get to the junkyard tomorrow. The price of scrap iron is up a little right now, so it would be a good time to do it. I need to get the Nativity scene off the cedar chest so I can dig out the title.

I left my lighted house village up so my friend (who I'm going to the movies with) could see it. After she sees it tonight, I'll be free to take it down over the weekend. And the rest of the Christmas decorations. The tree has been down for a while, but I like to leave the village up longer. I enjoy it so much.

No comments: