Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to work tomorrow


I have been off for five days and tomorrow I have to go back to work. boo hoo. I won't whine too much because I know how lucky I am to have a job. These are certainly hard times all around.

Today I did some sewing on the New Year's Eve mystery. It is coming together nicely. I think I'll use the 'trees' portion of the snowflake fabric for part of the border and the medium fabric for the back, if I have enough. It really feels good to use stash for an entire quilt.

I bought a new journal today at Dollar General to use as my quilt diary. It's a nice size journal, and I already added bits of material to one of the pages describing what I am working on. I'm thinking of putting a quilted cover on it.

Since I was home, I made dinner for tonight and tomorrow. For tonight I made a turkey pot pie from the leftover turkey I cooked Friday. It turned out really good. It had turkey, onions, celery, green pepper, corn and peas in it, topped with a premade pie crust. We had some toasted english muffins to go with it. For tomorrow I made a pot of spaghetti sauce.

No comments: