Friday, January 30, 2009

Nine Patch blocks done


Last night I got up into the sewing room and thought, oh I'll just sew for a few minutes. Well, two hours later I was rushing to finish so I could get downstairs and watch a television program I'd been wanting to see! Time sure flies when you are doing something you like to do. Here's a picture of the nine patch block that is going to pair with the rolling star blocks. The finished block measures nine inches.


We had chef's salads for supper last night. I picked up some bagged lettuce and added it to some romaine. Added some chunks of cooked turkey, cheeses, hard boiled eggs, and other salad stuff. It was a good dinner. I have no idea what I'm going to make tonight. I better figure something out quick, though, because I'll be leaving the office in an hour and a half and need to pick stuff up on my way home! We don't have a grocery store in the town I live in.


I am a little aggravated at our insurance. The premiums went up, and so did the cost of the prescriptions. It will vary, but one of the scrips that was $10 for three months through mail order is now $75! sheesh, that's a big jump. But medicine is not something we can scrimp on so we just have to bite the bullet.


The Superbowl is this Sunday. I don't know yet what we will be doing, if anything.

No comments: