Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mid Week Musings

Last night I didn't think I'd be doing any sewing, mainly because it was my first day back to work after a long weekend and I had really sewn quite a bit over those three days. Well, I just couldn't stay out of the sewing room. I was up there for 45 minutes, sewing strips together and pressing them for 9 patch blocks for the DD mystery. Tonight I'm hoping to get the little pieces cut so I can start sewing them into 9 patches. I have 130 of the light/dark/light strips for the middle already cut. I have to cut 260 of the dark/light/dark combo now.

We had a simple dinner last night of bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy. The previous night we had some sausage that a local deli/caterer sells in a little town a few miles from us. They also have a very limited lunch menu every day. I convinced my dear hubby to go in and have some lunch with me, since I had to go over there anyway and get the sausage. The menu had ravioli, bbq sandwiches, and chef's salads. Each day the menu is different. The food was really good. The atmosphere is something I like for a lunch. There were only a few tables in the place and the majority of people having lunch were working men. The deli portion did a steady business with carry out lunch orders as well as deli and other items.

I really enjoyed watching all the innaugural festivities on television. I sure hope our new president can bring about the change our country needs.

Tonight I'm planning on making baked macaroni and cheese with baked chicken breasts for dinner. Nothing fancy, just good food.

No comments: