Thursday, January 8, 2009

NYE Mystery finished!


I finished my NYE mystery last night! woohoo! This picture really doesn't do the fabric justice. I had started out with a different focus fabric, but I am really pleased with the results after changing my mind on it. This focus fabric has a midnight blue background with snowflakes in it. The focus fabric was actually part of a panel fabric that had trees and small houses on the bottom border with a light background. I may use that portion of the fabric for the border. And I have a lot of the medium fabric left that may be used for the backing. Not sure yet, but I am sure that I absolutely thoroughly enjoyed this mystery! It was a mystery on the yahoo group fabricaholicsannonymous. Ann Smith is the designer of the pattern.
Last night I made that hamburger casserole with noodles and tomato soup and cheese in it. The recipe made a very big casserole dish. My family ate every last bite last night! Wow. Either they were really hungry or it was really good... Since there wasn't anything left in the fridge (I cleaned it out a couple days ago) I made some tuna for dh and dd to have for lunch (ds will get lunch at school today) and I took out some tortellini soup for dh to take to work for his evening break.
I put some chicken breasts in the crock pot to make that chicken cacciatori again. All I will have to do is cook some egg noodles and dinner will be ready when I get home. Might stop and pick up some salad to go with it.
I'd like to get started on another mystery, but I still have to pick out the brown fabric for it. That part just has me stumped, so I will have to force myself to make a decision. I know that sounds silly, but sometimes I get roadblocked on the littlest things.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Love your quilt. It almost looks black and white in the photo. Either way is is gorgeous.