Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We got snow - Finally!

We finally got some snow! I love it! I guess I should give some credit to the weather people on the t.v. for actually getting this one right. The snow started yesterday afternoon and it snowed until about midnight. It looks so pretty. Of course now the sun is shining, so it will probably all melt soon, but I'm enjoying it while it's here.

Had to dig the car out (we have a 2 car garage, and I park outside, why is that?). Streets were snowy, and not many in town had been touched by a plow, but except for intersections, I didn't have any trouble. Just went nice and slow.

Daughter's college is closed and Son's school is closed, so both of them are home with their dad, until he goes to work at 3. I am terrible because I thought this was a good reason to go to work? hee hee. If they weren't home I would be able to sew all day, but when the kids are home I always seem to get caught up in other things, or can't get into the sewing room because it's in use, or someone is sleeping in the room next to it.

That was part of the reason I didn't get upstairs to sew last night. So I just took a day off from sewing. I did make a big ol' dinner. I made some bbq pork chops and hash brown casserole from new recipes. I also made some hamburger helper for my darling hubby to take for his lunch at work. He likes to have something he can heat up quickly and not spend time messing with because he only has a 20 minute lunch break. Then I made a cake from a new recipe that called for sour cream in it. Oh, man, it was a very good cake! It baked in a bundt pan and then you put a glaze over it when cooled. It was very very chocolatey and very very good!

I don't really have any ideas on what to make for dinner tonight. I might just stop at the grocery store deli and pick up some already cooked breaded chicken strips and have them, maybe as chicken bacon ranch subs. Nothing is jumping out at me to make. I'm still trying to make at least one new recipe a week.

The Superbowl is this weekend. I'd like to make some chicken hot wings. I need to find a good recipe for them. But they are a lot of work, I know that.

No comments: