Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday night, good night!

What a weekend! Saturday I sewed for 5-1/2 hours on the Double Delight mystery. The first part is sewing 120 square in square blocks. Have I ever mentioned I'm not fond of triangles? Well, this got me past that in a hurry.

Today I sewed for four hours and I'm still not finished with step one. But I'm getting close. I have about three fourths of the sewing done on it. The pressing and trimming will be next. I'm not crazy about pressing, but that will be a cinch compared to trimming up the squares.

If I didn't have to cook and do laundry I probably would have gotten them all sewn, but it's just as well I didn't. My bones are stiff! ha ha. I made stuffed pepper soup yesterday for supper. It was a hit. The soup has quite a few ingredients, but when it's all done it tastes just like stuffed peppers.

Today I made a pot of ham and bean soup for tomorrow. I used ham shanks and a chunk of ham, a mix of different beans (usually I just use navy beans, but I had a package with a mixture in the drawer that needed to be used), an onion, celery, carrots, and some diced tomatoes. I just let it cook all day long. Should be a treat tomorrow. I'll make some cornbread to go with it, probably.

For dinner tonight we had breaded chicken strips, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and salad. The chicken strips were pretty good. I bought the meat already in strips, dipped them in egg, then a Bisquick mixture and baked them. The recipe is on the box of Bisquick and was surprisingly good.

Darling daughter goes back to school tomorrow. She commutes to and from college and this is her second semester. I think she's a little nervous but she's not admitting it. Darling son is out with his friends planning the next lan party. He loves those parties. I don't blame him.

No comments: