Thursday, January 29, 2009

Old book, new to me


Here's the book I ordered from Amazon a couple weeks ago. It's from 1988, so by no means is it new. It doesn't even include rotary cutting techniques, but it has a lot of different block patterns in it. It cost me $4 total, with shipping and handling. There is a book fair coming up in a couple weeks that I would like to go to and see if they have any cast off quilting books.


I'm glad this week is almost over. Seems like it's been a long one at work. Every day we seem to hear of more and more people who are being laid off. Not a good time for our country. I hope that we can all have faith and work together to bring it back to greatness. I'm not going to get too deep into politics here, though.


I didn't get any sewing done last night again. I was just too tired. Once I got home and had dinner fixed, even though it was something super easy, I sat in my easy chair and I was down for the count. Both the kids were out of the house and it would have been perfect for me to sew uninterrupted, but instead I fell asleep! Oh well, I guess I needed the rest.


I ended up making the chicken bacon ranch subs using the breaded chicken tenders from the grocery store deli for supper last night. Tonight we are having chef's salads, per darling daughter's request.

No comments: