Wednesday, January 7, 2009


Here are the some of the fabrics I have picked out to do another mystery (as soon as I have the NYE one done!). I may not use the duller blues if I have enough of the darker blues. I still need to find a brown that will work.
Last night I didn't get up to my sewing room until after 9 p.m. and wasn't going to do any sewing. I was just going to put up a calendar. Well, next thing I know it's after 10 and I've finished the blocks for the NYE mystery quilt! I need to press half of the blocks yet, then I can sew them together. I really like the colors a lot. I do think there is an easier way to put the blocks together, with less cutting. If I make the pattern again, I may modify it.
The spaghetti was a hit last night. I am going to have to stop at the grocery store on my way home tonight and get some hamburger. I think I'll make a hamburger casserole for supper. Tomorrow I want to put some chicken breasts in the crock pot for chicken cacciatore. I'd like to make at least one new dish a week, starting this year. We get so tired of the same old things over and over.
Darling daughter had her 19th birthday yesterday. So now we have an 18 year old and a 19 year old in the house. Where did the years go?

No comments: