Friday, January 9, 2009

Borders

Last night I cut two borders for the NYE mystery quilt and sewed the first border on. I used the dark navy fabric to make an inner border and the light blue to make the outer border. I checked the material I originally wanted to use and I didn't have enough of it. So far I'm liking the results. I'm planning on using the medium fabric as the backing of the quilt. I should have just enough.

I guess I should start quilting these tops, but right now I'm having so much fun making tops and doing mystery quilts I'm not going to worry about it.

So maybe in the back of my mind (okay, there's really no maybe, it is in the back of my mind!) I'm thinking that I should have a nice stock pile of tops to practice on when I can afford to get my longarm machine. Right now, the target date is five years out, so I'll probably have to put on a room addition to hold all those tops...ha ha.

Darling daughter will be starting her second semester of college next week. Darling son is in his last semester of high school. I'm so proud of both of them.

The chicken cacciatore was good last night. I had egg noodles to put it over, then made broccoli and cauliflower, salad, and garlic bread. It made a nice meal. I have no idea what we are having tonight. I need to go to the grocery store at lunch or after work.

No comments: