Monday, January 26, 2009

Waiting for snow

This weekend I was able to do a few hours sewing each day. I finished making all the nine patch blocks for the Double Delight mystery. I also put together 20 of the 30 'rolling star' blocks for it. This is step 4 of 7 on the mystery. I think I'm getting close to the home stretch here. Hopefully. This picture is one of the rolling star blocks. The colors are okay, I guess. The fabrics are all scraps, nothing new was purchased.

I made a turkey for dinner Sunday. We had mashed potatoes and gravy, a pea casserole, and a spinach and cheese dish my daughter makes. It was a good dinner. Saturday I made a big pot of beef stew. It's cold so that stew went down real good. I even had some for lunch today.

We are supposed to get some snow tonight, according to the weather people. I'll believe it when I see it. We got a half inch or so over the weekend.

This April my friend and I are going to Paducah for the annual quilt show. I'm really looking forward to it. We will be staying at a retreat center an hour away from the show, but that's as close as we could get a room. It's supposed to be a real nice place to stay, overlooking the river, on the bluffs. I hope so.

Tonight I have some hamburger thawed out. Guess I'll make a meat loaf for supper. I want to make another turkey pot pie with the leftover turkey later this week.

Darling son got a job! He's going to be working in our little town at the dollar store. I'm really happy about that. He needs to be earning some money instead of mooching off Mom and Dad all the time!

I printed off the directions for another mystery quilt. I don't think I'll start that until I get darling son's graduation quilt top made. I can't put it off too much longer. I also need to whip together a baby quilt for a coworker.

For those reading my blog that are not residents of our fair state, Illinois, I have to say that the majority of people here think our governor is an idiot. At least the majority of the poeple I know. Please don't judge us by one man. One power hungry, pompous man. What a fool. That's about all the politics I'll put on the blog, unless something big rolls our way!

No comments: