Monday, January 12, 2009

Baby it's cold outside!

We are going into a cold snap here in my neck of the woods. Great weather to quilt in! I need to get some hand quilting done on Tennessee August. It hasn't been touched since before Christmas.

I plan to work on the DD mystery tonight. At least I want to get the squares done for step one and then the material cut for step two. This mystery is taking a while to complete, but the way it looks, it promises to be stunning when finished!

After I get this mystery done I really need to think about starting on darling son's signature quilt for his high school graduation in May. It's just going to be six inch squares but I'll feel better when it's in the works.

Call me crazy, but I'm also thinking of doing another mystery that starts on January 24th. These mystery quilts are so much fun I can hardly resist! And they are great stashbusters.

Tonight we are going to have the ham and beans I cooked up yesterday. I found a box of Jiffy corn muffin mix in the cabinet, so I'll bake that and supper will be ready. I wish I had one of those neat cast iron pans that you bake cornbread in - they look like ears of corn. I know I can get one at one of the stores here, just have to recover from Christmas before I spend any more money!

Darling daughter called this afternoon from school. She was between classes and was agonizing over the fact that she had to purchase a $75 lab manual and didn't have the money. I told her not to stress over it, but that she would have to wait until Thursday when I get paid. She's not working at the moment. This is not a big deal and I don't want her to have any unnecessary stress. She's a good kid and doesn't ask for much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey I love the NYE quilt. Where did you get that pattern. I'm new to Stashbusters so must have missed it. It's gorgeous and I love your colours.