Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A bit of snow - I want more!

We had a little bit of snow on the ground this morning. I am guessing we got about an inch. They were forecasting up to 8" so once again the news stations wanted the grocery stores to show a profit on milk and bread! That just drives me nuts. Almost every time the weather is forecasted to be bad the news stations hype it all up so people get panicked.

Last night I was in the sewing room for about an hour. I finished the rolling star blocks and pressed them. Then I started the double nine patch blocks that will go with them. The layout of the quilt is to have the blocks alternate and be on point. So that means setting triangles on the sides.

I was going to put off making the scrappy mystery that was on one of the Yahoo groups, but I saw that there were instructions for a wall hanging size that only needed four squares. I might go ahead and make one, just to see how it turns out. Then start on Darling Son's graduation quilt.

We had meat loaf last night for supper. I cooked some egg noodles, then made a packet of broccoli cheese soup with a little less water so I could use it as a sauce over the noodles. It turned out pretty good. Darling Daughter requested creamed peas, of all things, to go with it! Also had some canned fruit, so it was a pretty good meal.

Tonight I think I'm going to try a new barbequed pork chop recipe. The sauce looks simple and easy. Just mix the ingredients and throw over the chops in the oven for an hour. Might make a hash brown casserole to go with it.

Oh, I also made some brownies last night. Over Christmas I received a 'jar mix' with directions to make double fudge brownies with it. The brownies were a little bitter, but if we put a spoonful of ice cream on them they were okay! Hee hee hee.

When it was snowing last night, I had to let the dogs out for a little bit. They romped in it and when they came in their backs were covered in snowflakes! I don't let them stay out too long because the older one has some arthritis and I know that cold must bother her. She is also losing her hearing. I know that doesn't have anything to do with the cold. She is just getting older. I'm thinking she is around 13 now.

No comments: