Friday, January 23, 2009

Fish Fry Friday

My friend Diane called last night and asked if I wanted to go get fish tonight. I'm up for it, so we are going to go get take out from a little bar/cafe a couple towns over that is famous for it's fish on Fridays.

We had a customer appreciate day in the office today and served ham salad and chicken salad sandwiches to our customers. I am not a fan of ham salad at all, so I had a chicken salad sandwich for lunch. It was okay. No great shakes. There is a funny story behind my aversion to ham salad. When I was newly married, decades ago, and had made a big ham dinner, we of course had a lot of leftovers. I decided to make ham salad. Since at the time I didn't have a food processor, I thought it would be the same if I put it in the blenders. Not. For the record, I think I created ham paste. It was horrible. My darling husband kindly told me that I should not ever make it again. And I haven't.

I finished cutting all the strips apart last night for the DD 9 patch blocks. Now I need to sew all the 3 piece sections together to make the 9 patches. This is just step 3 of 7 steps on this mystery. I think it should start to go faster after this, though. Hopefully all the tiny and tedious sewing is done. Hopefully.

I also want to start a scrappy mystery that just uses a couple hundred rectangles and a couple hundred squares. I figure if I can cut strips in the right width, it will go really fast.

And I have got to get moving on darling son's signature quilt. Need to quit playing around and just get it done.

We had tacos for supper last night. Since there were leftovers from the tacos, I threw together some chili in the crock pot for whenever we want it.

No comments: