Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Did you say rice bags?

It may sound strange to some people, but here are a couple of rice bags my daughter and I made. They are wonderful to put on achy bones and muscles. The ones we made don't really have any set dimensions. We just grabbed some material, doubled it up, and sewed around the edges. Then turned it right side out and filled about 3/4 full of plain old white rice. After stitching up the opening they are ready to go. Just put one in the microwave for one to two minutes. Make sure they don't get wet and they will last a good long time.

Last week a friend of mine at work was having some muscle pain, so I made her a rice bag and brought it to her the next day. She took it home and said she carried it around with her all night! That sure made me feel good. She suggested I make them and sell them, but I don't think there is much of a market for rice bags!

No comments: