Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Better day today.


Didn't get any sewing done yesterday after work. I was just too tired. Tonight I plan to get something done, even if it's just for 20 minutes. I guess it's weird, but it makes me feel like my day is complete if I can accomplish a little (or a lot!) sewing!


This is a picture of the orphan blocks I received from my friend. I have lain them across some pink baby fabric that I'm considering pairing them with in a baby quilt. Not sure yet if that's the route I want to go with them.


I wanted to put a sidebar on my blog about my weight loss progress, but I'm not sure how to do it, so for the time being I will put my progress in a regular post. I have been watching what I eat carefully since February 8th. So far I have lost 6 pounds! This is a big deal to me. I've set my goal to be at and maintaining a healthy weight in two years. I am not at a healthy weight now, that's for sure. I am 5'4" and when I started dieting I weighed 228 pounds. The weight, in my mind, is what has caused the high blood pressure problems. I don't like to take medication, so I'm hoping I can get my bp down enough that I don't need to take meds when I lose the weight. But if I have to, I will.

So as of today I am 222 pounds. Last night I made sausages for dinner for the family and I had tomato soup with baked pita chips. Not sure what we will be having tonight. I stil have a lot of the chicken leftover. In fact I added some to some lettuce and brought it for lunch today.

Darling son is going to be in the senior play at school. He is playing the part of 'Og, the caveman'. Perfect for him... ha ha.
Oh, and I should mention I guess that my interview was cancelled. I am not very happy about the circumstances that led to it being cancelled, but suffice it to say that some strings were pulled to get a person into the position, therefor cancelling all interviews. That said, I try to live by my own words - everything happens for a reason. And God has other plans for me. So I will have to let go of this.

No comments: