Monday, February 9, 2009

Not such a good day

This did not start out as a good day. My older dog, Nakia, is at the vet's office right now. All night she was waking me up to go outside constantly. She is passing blood. I took her to the vet at 8 a.m. hoping they could see her before they got to their regular appointments. They were very kind to us and saw her quickly. She's been given shots of vitamins and antibiotics. It's just a waiting game now. She is 13 years old and a fairly big sized dog, so that's pretty old. The vet said if we could keep her quiet at home we could take her home and watch her.

Her blood test showed she is anemic, on the border of being critically so. His first question was if she had gotten into some poison. That isn't likely as she is an indoor dog and our yard is completely fenced in.

So, I'm just trying to keep busy until I can go pick her up this afternoon.

No comments: