Saturday, February 28, 2009

Messy corner

Here's a picture of a corner of my sewing room. I really should straighten things up, but I've really been into sewing so I think I'll save the cleaning part for when I'm not really motivated.

Today has been a productive day so far. Although I intended to do some sewing last night, it just didn't happen. This morning I was up early to go have the MRI done. I also stopped at the grocery store and got a nice beef roast and some seasoning that we like to put in the crock pot and make Italian Beef. The seasoning is Louis Italian Beef and is really good.

I also ran over to the vet's office and picked up some dog food. Then got home about ten a.m. and started sewing. Sewed for two hours on the string quilt. Then dear hubby and I had to run a couple errands. Before we came home we stopped and got lunch to go. I was very good - even though I really wanted a hamburger, I ordered a salad! I was saving my calories for some Italian Beef later! I sewed for about an hour after lunch also. I may or may not go back upstairs to sew some more tonight.

So far I have lost 11 pounds. I am at 217. I have been trying to get on the treadmill and walk at least 15 minutes. It seems to me, whenever I eat things that aren't good for me, i.e. fatty foods, I have been getting sick to my stomach. While I do not enjoy getting sick, this is a big deterrent.

Darling daughter is spending the night with a friend of hers in the dorm at the college they both go to. She started talking to me about her ex a little bit today. She says she is over him already. I have no clue, I just know that she is my priority. While I feel sorry that the guy may be hurting, he has his family and friends to support him.

Darling son is working tonight until 9:30. He's been at this job for a few weeks now and seems to really like it. It's at a small store, right here in town. I'm sure he is happy that it isn't fast food.

No comments: