Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday is one day closer to Friday...


I finally decided on the final colors for the baby quilt. I had bought two lights and a medium purple, but needed another medium. Pulled it out of my stash and now I'm ready to start making pinwheel blocks.


I also pulled out some really really loud fabric. Here's a picture of it. Think that might keep you up at night if it were on your quilt? ha ha. I'm going to use it in a sampler block project that started this month on the Stashbuster Yahoo group. Kinda excited about it. I need a little motivation right about now.


In addition to blogging, I keep a journal of time spent in the sewing room and what projects I'm working on. I found a cheap journal at the beginning of the year at the dollar store. I glue snippets of material on the pages from the projects as well as write a little description of what I worked on and for how long. The journal I bought has a black padded cover. The padding is nice but I wanted something a little brighter than the black cover. So last night I pulled out a cute piece of material and whipped up a quick cover to go over it. The cover I made wasn't padded or anything, but it just brightens up the journal.


Last night I made a chicken pot pie for supper and put together cabbage rolls in the crock pot for tonight. I put them on this morning before I left for work. It will be nice to have dinner ready when I get home from work.


I also got back on the treadmill last night for 10 minutes. It wasn't much, but it was something for me anyway. I don't want to overdo it until this blood pressure medicine is completely regulated. I feel pretty good, so I hope it's working.


Since darling daughter is going to college and aspires to be a nurse, and since she has worked as a CNA, she knows how to take blood pressure readings manually. I'm going to pick up a manual cuff and stethescope tonight so she can check it at home for me and for her daddy. The doctor told me that the automatic bp machines were not correctly reading me and I should always ask for a manual reading. Now, I'm not putting all that responsibility on my teenage daughter, and I'm definetely going to have it checked at the doctor's office as he suggested, but it will be good to have the ability to check it at home also.


I also went to the high school last night for a FAFSA workshop for darling son. He had to work, so I was there without him, but it wasn't too bad. I'm hoping we will get something this year because we now have two in college. Darling daughter has to fill her's out also.


Sometimes it's so hard to be nice...like last night. I ended up seated next to one of the mother's of a senior girl in son's class. This mother spread viciuos rumors about my son a while back. Some things are difficult to forget. But I'm working on it!

2 comments:

nymarianne said...

good luck on the fafsa,! we also have 2 out of 3 kids in college plus being one of us (and soon to be both of us) unemployed, and there was no help for that,(probably with so many now unemployed they can't!) used up all the college savings for the first 2 years of public college.Ouch, the good thing is the weekly grocery shopping bill at home is way down, but not quite enough to offset the college meal plan required,lol!

bunbear said...

my sympathy on the unemployment. it's so scary right now, no one's job seems to be safe. have you been on indeed.com looking for jobs? it's a pretty good site. good luck.