Wednesday, February 25, 2009

An emotional train wreck

That's what I feel like today, an emotional train wreck! And it's really silly for me to be that way. It's because of my darling daughter's rocky road right now. It is so stupid, but I am feeling really bad for her ex. She was his first real girlfriend, and I know he's in a world of hurt, so being the sappy fool that I am, it bothers me. Now, darling daughter doesn't seem to be too worried about it and is moving on. And of course, she is my main concern here, not the ex.

Maybe part of my problem is because I'm uncertain about what is going on with my health at this time. I was at the doctor yesterday and he wants me to go for an MRI, just to rule out a couple things. I really think the whole episode was brought about because of the meds and diet, but I'll go for the test when he schedules it.

So that's probably why my emotions are so close to the surface today. At least I hope so. And I hope it goes away real soon!

Tonight we have Ash Wednesday services at church at 7pm. I don't think I'll get much done in the way of sewing tonight, but I may get upstairs and do a couple blocks if I can.

We had spaghetti last night for supper. Was pretty good stuff. I made the family garlic bread like I normally do. For myself, I spritzed a piece of bread with 'I can't believe it's not butter' and put some garlic powder on it, then toasted it in a hot cast iron skillet. It worked for me! Tonight I think it's just going to be frozen fish sticks.

No comments: