Monday, February 23, 2009

Is it really Monday again?











I worked on some of my quilted blocks yesterday for quite a while. I'm pleased with the way they are coming together. Here's a picture of them, front and back.

Since I started them ages ago, I had done the machine quilting on 2/3rd's of them on my old Kenmore. I just did symetrical lines, same shapes, on the blocks when I used the Kenmore. I had about 11 blocks left to quilt so when I started doing them this time I decided to practice free motion on the old industrial Singer. It took a little bit of practice to get in a groove, but I think once I got the tension issues resolved, it went well.

I still need to practice more before I do a full quilt on the Singer. I'm sure that is the key - practice, practice, practice!

My weight loss to date is 10 pounds. This is a big deal to me - to have put double digits in the loss column! woo hoo! Now if I could get my blood pressure issues regulated. This lightheadedness could go away any time now. I have a call in to the doctor this morning about it.

Yesterday we had a pork loin that I made in the rotisserie. Wow. It was very good! I bought a whole loin and cut it into thirds. Froze two sections and put the biggest one on the spit. I rubbed it with garlic powder and season salt. Towards the last half hour of cooking, I brushed it with a mixture of sweet/sour sauce, worchestershire sauce, mandarine orange juice (from the can of mandarine oranges - would have used pineapple but didn't have it) and a little lemon juice. That glaze really made the flavors pop, I think. Everyone liked it. We had fresh asparagus, mashed potatoes, and gravy with it. Good dinner.

No comments: