Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday afternoon

It's Sunday afternoon and I have yet to start any sewing this weekend. Friday night I was tired and didn't get anything done. Saturday my dear hubby and I went to the mall to exchange a pair of jeans that he received for Christmas that were too small. The mall was unbelievably crowded! I though people weren't shopping because of the economy? After we were done at the mall, we went to JoAnn Fabrics. Yes, I drug my dear hubby to the fabric store. To make it an even more enjoyable experience for him, hee hee, it so happens that the store is in the process of moving and was having a huge clearance sale. Everything must go! Unfortunately the selection was pretty well picked over already. I was looking for some purple material for a baby quilt for a coworker. I did not find any purple, but I did get three yards of pink material with baby bottles on it. It was only $1.60 per yard.

I've got a pork roast cooking with some sauerkraut on top of the stove. We will have it with mashed potatoes and gravy for supper. I've started watching my weight (again) so I probably won't be eating too much of it. I've been good so far today. For breakfast I had one whole egg and one egg white, scrambled. I had a small croissant with half a teaspoon of peanut butter. Then for lunch I had a piece of low fat bread, one piece of smoked turkey, with mustard and - guess what - Sprouts! it was pretty good actually. I also bought some skim milk which I'm going to drink instead of 2%.

I also sat down after church and started working on our taxes. We have had them prepared for us in the past, but since the kids are now over 17 we don't get much of a refund and I don't like to pay so much money to have them prepared. I think that I can figure them out okay.

Well enough blogging for today. I'm going upstairs to the sewing room and pick out the white material to go into the signature quilt. And try not to think about food....

No comments: