Sunday, February 15, 2009

Restless Night

I didn't sleep very well last night and now here I am, up at 7 a.m. Ugh! All week I have been trying to really watch what I eat and even have been exercising a little. So far I have lost 4 pounds! This is a MAJOR accomplishment for me. The exercise part has only been a few minutes on the treadmill, but I'm working up to being on it longer. I am so out of shape it's not even funny. And I am really overweight.

I've set my goal to be a healthy weight and in good shape in two years. I know that's a long time, but I want to do this right. So enough about that for now, but it is going on in my life, so I wanted to mention it.

The dog seems to be all back to normal. She is still taking antibiotics, which is good. She's acting normal and eating and drinking. Guess we dodged the bullet on this one.

Yesterday I sewed the squares for the graduation signature quilt into strips. I have three groups: light, medium, and dark. The strips are going to alternate. I think I'll be able to finish the center part of the quilt today or tomorrow. That will be a relief to have done because I don't want to have it hanging over my head and have to rush at the last minute to get it finished!

After it's done, I should make a baby blanket for my co worker. It's going to be something quick and easy. I'm thinking it might even be that large nine patch. If I feel more into it, I might make pinwheel blocks and alternate them with plain squares. I haven't decided yet.

Didn't really do much cooking yesterday. Kids ate out and dear hubby had a sandwich late in the day, so he didn't want much dinner. I'm thinking today I'll just make tacos. I can make the taco meat anytime and put it in the little crock pot. Then whenever anyone wants to eat, it's ready.

No comments: