Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ready to go home

Didn't do any sewing last night after work. I made a meatloaf for dinner and put together some spaghetti sauce in the crock pot for dinner tonight. I just didn't have much energy after that. My stomach just doesn't want to settle. I'm thinking it might be the bp meds and it will take a while to get used to them. Going to the doctor today at 3.

Since I had lost ten pounds, yesterday I decided to treat myself to a few clothes at Salvation Army. I was able to find a brand new pair of slacks with the tags still on them, original price $40, that were marked $4! Snatched those up real quick. Also found another pair of slacks and two tops. Then I went over to the mens shirts...

I found two dark colored shirts and one light colored shirt in the color scheme I have been collecting for my next quilt from shirtings. It's rusts and burnt orange, colors like that. Just something different to work with. Anyway, I have enough now to start the quilt on one of the other blogs that takes 7 shirts and is done in 7 steps.

Darling daughter has pretty much broken up with her boyfriend. It's been coming on for a few weeks now. They dated for almost 3 years. It's kinda hard for her, and I'm sure it's difficult for him, but my words of wisdom have always been 'you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find prince charming'. Not that this fellow was a frog...but she's young (19) and has her whole life ahead of her. Not too many of us find the person we want to spend our life with at 19.

Darling son is stil working on his grades. He only has a couple months to pull them out of the you know what so he can graduate high school. And you wonder why I have high blood pressure??? He's doing well at his job. He doesn't get a lot of hours, but it's right in town and really is perfect for him. Gives him some spending and gas money.

The dog that was so sick is now finished with her antibiotics. I sure hope whatever it was that made her ill is out of her system. We dodged the bullet on that one. I though for sure she was a goner. Glad she decided to stick around for a while yet. She's a good old pup.

It's funny because each family member has an animal that is attached to them. This dog is attached to me, and I'm attached to her. She wants to be in the same room as me, or at least have me in her sights. At night, when I get ready for bed, she patiently waits for me to get in, then gingerly climbs in next to me. Then when dear hubby comes to bed, she moves to her pillows on the floor next to my side of the bed.

No comments: