Friday, July 1, 2011

Why...

...does Ivy have to eat pretty things?  This is what is left of a pillowcase that I rescued from Salvation Army a while back.  There were a pair of them, prettily embroidered pillowcases, that I just had to have.  I thought someone had spent a lot of time creating something so pretty it was just a shame to see them hanging in a thrift shop.  So I took them home, washed them, and have been using them ever since.  Well, now Ivy has destroyed one of them.  I don't know why, but she decided that this particular pillowcase, which was on my pillow at the time, just had to be chewed on.  And of course she couldn't chew on it where there wasn't fancy work.  She had to chew on it where the pretty embroidery was.  I'm thinking I will trim it down somehow and save some of the pretty work and make it into a throw pillow.  Maybe. 

Went to see "Larry Crowne" with my friend Lori tonight.  I like Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts.  This movie was okay, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be, especially with those two actors.  Tom Hanks plays a guy who gets fired because he has no college education and can't move up the ladder at a super store.  He goes to college at a community college where Julia Roberts teaches.  I guess it hit too close to home for me, working in the unemployment office, that I just couldn't enjoy it very much.  I see too many folks that get let go through no fault of their own.

So I'm laying in bed, on top of the covers, typing this on my laptop.  Ivy just jumps on the bed, on Ev's side, and scoots the quilts all off his side of the bed so that she can lay on the sheet!  Who does this dog think she is?  sigh.  Now the cat has jumped on my lap demanding to be petted.  I give up!  haha.

No comments: