Thursday, June 6, 2013

A bunch of binding and a bunch of burgers

Kind of an odd combo, but this was what I was up to tonight:
These are the strips that make up the binding for Cascading Colors, all sewn together and ready to go.  I have the label made and ready to attach.  I am binding Stained Glass in black.  I cut them out and sewed them together, and made the label and attached it. 
And here's the bunch of burgers.  Kind of a blurry shot because the plate is covered with plastic wrap, but there are 10 mini double cheeseburgers on that beautiful big purple plate.  Now, why in the world did I make that many?  Johanna isn't going to be home tonight, Nick doesn't live here, and I won't eat more than one.  Ev won't eat 9 burgers!  Well, he will have something yummy to take to lunch tomorrow.

Considering it was a work day, I feel like I got a lot done today in the sewing room.  I spent about two and a half hours sewing.  It was funny because I went upstairs before I made the burgers and did some sewing and left the window open.  I thought I was done for the night, so after I was done cooking I went upstairs to shut the window and ended up staying there another hour!

One of my favorite movies, The Princess Bride, is on t.v. tonight.  I have lost count of how many times I have watched it.  If you have never seen it, you really should.  I know it probably is considered a children's movie, but there's so many adult nuances (not dirty) in it that a person never gets bored.  Great acting, too!


No comments: