Sunday, June 2, 2013

A motorcycle ride, jeans repair, and some quilting

Dear Hubby is always complaining that I don't fix his jeans.  The fact is, they rip in areas that it's difficult to patch, usually over many of the thick seams.  Well, he was down to one pair of work jeans so I just had to put a patch on a pair.  I'm glad he only wears them to work, because it's not pretty but it is functional and the holes are patched.

I know I have mentioned Beaver Dam State Park before.  It's about 45 minutes from home and there is a restaurant right on the lake that has pretty good food.  Well, I had the bright idea that I would be able to ride on the back of the motorcycle there and we should all go out there today for dinner.  I do not like to be on the back of the bike for very far rides, so this would have been a big deal.  It didn't happen, because of weather, but we did get about a third of the way there.  I am glad because I was chickening out.  bocka bocka.

And I have the warm batik quilt just about quilted.  About one and a half more passes and it will be done.  I could have pushed myself and finished it today, but I was worn out.  Better to do it tomorrow when I'm fresh.  Then I have got to get it off the frame and labelled and bound.  And no, the other two are not bound and labelled.  I'm getting there!!!!  sigh.

So all in all, a productive day. 

Oh, and if anyone is keeping score this year, so far the tally has been as follows:  Ivy 6, Birds 0  and  Ivy 2, Rabbits 0.  Although I'm not real sure that the rabbits didn't score some points when I was walking Ivy because we didn't have the fence fixed.  Those bunnies would tease the daylights out of her!

No comments: