Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pink and Blue Nine Patch Pic

I finished the top this morning.  Here's a peek:

I hope the gold color isn't too much pop, but I felt like it needed something to make it have a little zip.  There is some yellow in the blue fabric, so I thought that would be a good choice.  Thanks again, Dora, for the pattern!

I started making pinwheel blocks to go with a pattern in 'Nickel Quilts' by Pat Speth.  The pinwheels I'm making will be enough to make two quilts.  That's a pretty productive way to make tops for the nursing homes! 

I'm trying to make some nicer tops for them this year.  I feel like the past years I just hurriedly put tops together that didn't have as much interest to them as they could have.  With a little extra time this year, I want to make as nice of quilts as I can.

And just because strange things sometimes pop into my head while I'm sewing, I'll leave you with this scenario.  I'm upstairs cutting pieces, and it's real quiet.  Then there's a noise coming from the chair in the corner.  It's the cat.  She's snoring.  All I could think of was that there used to be a song by Prince (or the artist formerly known as Prince) named 'When Doves Cry' and that I could make a song named 'When Cats Snore'.  Yes, I know, I'm strange...  haha.

Three day workweek for me!  Now that I can handle...

2 comments:

horsnaround said...

I love the colors in this quilt girl. you are really cranking them out!!

horsnaround said...

I love the colors in this quilt girl. you are really cranking them out!!