Wednesday, June 26, 2013

So cute!

My friend Sandy has a very lucky granddaughter.  Look at this really cute doll outfit she made:

Sandy said her granddaughter picked the materials out of her scraps and the pattern for the outfit, too.  Personally, I think she ought to go into business making doll clothes - this outfit is darling!  Good job, Sandy.

Dora, whose blog is listed on the right rail of this page, sent me a pattern for a quick and easy quilt using nine patch blocks.  I had every intention of going upstairs tonight to start making nine patch blocks when I got home.  Until I sat on the couch.  And fell asleep.  Oh well, there is still a bit of time between now and December.  It is going to be my next quilt top for the nursing homes.  Thanks again, Dora!

Went to the eye doctor today.  I need new glasses and had been putting it off.  Well, a couple hundred bucks later, they are ordered and on their way.  And that was with insurance!  Just crazy.

2 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Thinking of that quilt made me realize I want to make another one and that I have some fabrics that would be perfect for more prayer quilts, even some kids' prayer quilts, that would be great in that size. So, maybe I should actually do some planning and do it on the blog so some people who need an interesting fast quilt or who need a simple quilt could piece and quilt along.

bunbear said...

sounds like a great idea, dora!