Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hometown Parade

Last weekend was our little homecoming celebration in town.  Since our kids are older, we don't go out to the fairgrounds much, but I do like to watch the parade.  The only kids in it are my nephew and his girlfriend.  We know many of the adults in it, too.  Here's my nephew in the boat - fishing is a school sponsored sport now and this was the fishing team!
I know it's not much of a picture, but we were sitting farther back from the curb because 1. there was a bench and 2. we had the dog with us. 

My nephew has a pretty little girlfriend who is a cheerleader.  I had to snap a picture of her too!
Ivy did real well at the parade.  Last year she got a little upset when the horses went by, but this year she didn't even notice them.

So tonight I was upstairs sewing for a while.  I sewed the binding strips together and got the binding attached to the back of Nick's quilt.  I started to sew the front down but it was getting pretty warm so I stopped when I ran out of bobbin thread!  I really have to get that fan set up.


No comments: