Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A good way to end the day

Rather appropriate, don't you think?  Just finished up some sewing.  Johanna put the a/c on in her room and left the door open, so the sewing room wasn't horribly hot.  I was able to put together the center for the second 9 patch top.

Here's a few pics of both of them:

This is the border on the first nine patch.  It doesn't match anything in the quilt, but I liked the material.  I guess I liked it a lot when I bought it too, because I have yards and yards of it...

Another view of the top.  I think the material that is in the alternating squares was actually material from a bedsheet.  At one time I was into making waterbed sheets (putting pockets on flat sheets and sewing to another flat sheet).  I miscut one of the flat sheets and just threw it in my stash of material.  Because we all know I don't have much material....

Just a straight on pic of the first top.

This was when I was auditioning fabric for the alternating squares for the second batch of 9 patch blocks.

And here is what I accomplished tonight.  The center of the top is done and I am thinking I'll put a border of that same green as the alternating squares.  I was tossing around the idea of using the other green from the first quilt, but I really think it will look better with this green.  But that's for another day.  Done sewing for tonight.




2 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Great accomplishments.
I'm going to try to find a jpg of my very favorite 9-patch quilt--because I'm pretty sure I don't have a photo--and hope you'll like this variation.

horsnaround said...

These look great!