Sunday, June 23, 2013

A start

I'm actually starting to work on the tops for the nursing home quilts at Christmas.  I found enough orphan nine patch blocks in my stash that I can make two lap quilts if I alternate the nine patches with solid material.  This morning I sewed pairs together of a nine patch and solid square for one of the quilts.  The first one has a light green for the solid square as the nine patches are mostly green.  The other half of the nine patch blocks have more tan in them than green, so I don't know for sure what I'll use as the solid square for them.  It may even be a patterned material, just depends on what I have that catches my eye.

I do hope that getting these lap quilts three years in a row isn't overkill for some of the residents.  My thought on the matter is that they are probably washed a lot and pretty threadbare by the time a year has gone by.  And there are some new residents that haven't received one yet.

Will have to comb the stash to see what else might be lurking there to make more of the lap quilts.  Hard to say what I might unearth!  haha.

Had a lot of rain over the weekend, so didn't get as much accomplished outside that we wanted to.  Did get some brush cut down at least.

No comments: