Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A good way to start the day

I woke up a little bit earlier than usual today.  Since I was ready for work and had some time before I had to leave, I took advantage of the upstairs being a little cooler and went to do some sewing.  I cut borders for the green nine patch and sewed them on.  The top now measures 50 inches square, so I think that will be big enough for the nursing home recipients.  These are meant to be lap quilts for when they are sitting in a chair.  I discarded the crazy idea to make 13+ full size quilts.

Ordered a new bed today.  It should be in next week.  I'm very excited about it!  Ev and I have had the same bed since we got married, so we were definetely overdue.  We are moving out of the 1980's!  No more waterbed!  We didn't get a headboard, just a frame right now.  We want to look around and get a completely new bedroom suite.  But that takes money and what we want to do is get a decent set, so it will be a while before we do that.

1 comment:

Lynley said...

Seriously - you have a waterbed? how cool is that! I so wanted one back in the 80s, one of my flatmates did but it was really cheap and didn't have the anti-wave thing so every time you sat on it you felt seasick :) It was always lovely and warm though...