Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What I accomplished tonight

I didn't get a lot done, but I did get a few things done upstairs.  It was just too humid and hot to stay there for any length of time.  I have a feeling the little Featherweight machine is going to get a lot of use this summer at the kitchen table!

I managed to trim up Cascading Colors and cut binding strips for the warm batiks quilt.  I also sewed the binding strips together and picked out the thread to use.  Oh, and I wrote out a label for it and sewed it to the corner by machine and then the one edge by hand.  I'm real close to having these three done.

There is still a light rain falling.  It's so neat to have the windows open and hear the soft patter of the rain and the chorus of peeper frogs singing.

1 comment:

Lynley said...

Oh, imagine humid and hot! It is so cold here, even without snow. You are a good mother to your son ... although I'm pleased it wasn't you in the rain pouring the gas in! there are limits after all :)