Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Thread tales continued

So I spent the entire drive to work and then some speaking to a customer service representative at Connecting Threads.  I explained the issue with the spool of thread, about how the color changed and it started breaking and all.  She looked up my last order and saw that it was from 2011 (I really stocked up at that time and have just a few spools left.  I'm waiting for their good sale to come along again!).  The gal then says that's a long time ago and asked how the thread was stored, all that good stuff, and seemed to be trying to tell me it was old thread.  I explained that it was still in the original wrapper as of last week and that it had been stored properly, not exposed to sunlight, etc.

The CT rep then gladly agreed to send me a replacement spool of thread, for which I thanked her.  Then I asked her, since she mentioned that the thread was a couple years old, what CT felt the 'shelf life' of thread should be.  She didn't know.  She put me on hold and when she came back she still didn't know.  She even commented that she had asked 8 different people there and no one could give an answer!  Now, I seriously do not want to dis CT because I love their product, their selection and their prices.  This is the only time I have ever had the tiniest issue with anything from them.  That said, I do feel that they need to educate their customer service department a little better.

I then went on their website and emailed them, explaining the situation and again posing the question "What do you feel is the shelf life of your thread?" to which I got an immediate response that there really is no shelf life as long as it is stored properly!  Something I pretty much figured, but wanted to hear from them just the same.  The person who I was emailing definetely knew their stuff and was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.  They also gave me a $5 credit towards my next order, which I felt was unnecessary but very nice.

Connecting Threads is one of my favorite thread sources.  I will continue to order from them and recommend them to others.  I do hope that they at least send a memo out to their customer service people who answer the phone telling them the answer to a very basic question!  And I really did appreciate the replacement spool of thread and the credit.  Thanks, CT!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this. I ordered two different sets of thread and have them stored in a closet, in the wrapper until I open and sew with it. I have not had any problems with the thread, and it seems to go a long way in my projects.