Saturday, June 1, 2013

Top done and back pieced

Last night we had more severe weather and I didn't want to go upstairs to do any sewing.  In fact, I was in the basement for quite a while, during the tornado warning and when the sirens were going off.  It was scary and my nerves were fried by the end of the night.

Today I went to a winery with my friend for an event they were holding.  They had wine tastings, chocolate, a craft fair, all kinds of neat stuff.  Enjoyed myself and was glad the weather held out.

Tonight I was upstairs for a few hours and got the warm batik squares top finished and the material for the backing pieced.  The batiks were those that I bought in Paducah (which got hit yesterday with flooding) and the backing is a cotton that I had bought a bolt of from Miller's Dry Goods in Arthur.

Here it is just hanging over the frame.  I'll get it loaded tomorrow if I can. 

No comments: