Friday, June 21, 2013

My plan

Last night after work I got a lot accomplished, I think.  The big thing was that I finished up the binding on Nick's graduation signature quilt.  I'm so happy that is done!  My plan is this:  When he comes to the house next time I'm going to ask him to be one of my quilt holders so I can take a picture of the quilt.  He won't know it's his until it's opened up.  I think he will be pleasantly surprised.  At least I hope so.

I also got the grass mowed inside the fence.  I just used the riding mower.  It still needs the trimming done.  Maybe I will get started on that tonight, but no promises.  Ev says he is going to work on the swimming pool this weekend.  I sure hope so.  It's already getting into the 90's during the day here.

Also got two loads of laundry done last night and put another in the washer this morning before work.  I will only have towels and bed linens to do over the weekend.  That's always nice to get out of the way.

Dinner last night was thick pork chops in onion and mushroom gravy with noodles and zuccini and tomatoes.  Pretty good eats.  I was going to put the chops on the grill while I was mowing the lawn, but it was pretty hot right after work and I really didn't want to mow then, so I made dinner in the house and mowed grass after the sun started to go down.  Finished mowing around 8pm.  Uncle Ray had called right when I was getting ready to go out in the heat and he convinced me I should wait until it cooled down.  Good call!

So now I have to make a game plan for the nursing home quilts.  Would you believe I'm actually considering making twin bed size quilts for each of the residents?  That may or may not happen...  I am also thinking that I'm going to practice making feathers on all of the quilts.  That will give me quite a bit of experience making them.  Now if they turn out good or not will be a different story!  haha.

The next birthday quilt is due late September.  I have the materials ready for it and if I was smart I would get it done and over with.  Also, I need to get Mom's quilt done.  That's her Christmas present - don't tell her, Sarah, if you are reading this!  :)

No comments: