Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fabric choices for Lake block

Here are the fabrics I plan to use in my Lake block. I'm not sure yet if I'll use the flowered print, that's still a design decision in the works.

I got a perm and a haircut tonight, so I didn't feel like cooking. Stopped and picked up chicken dinners for Darling Hubby and myself. Got Darling Son some cheesy fries. Read a Christmas book of Debbie Macomber's. It was short and sweet, titled "When Christmas Comes".

My friend Lori gave me some clear containers with lids that salad comes in. I'm going to use them to sort through and organize my scraps. I hate to admit it, but I haven't been in my scrap tub in ages. I'm itching to be fondling all those scraps. And I'm determined to throw out those materials I simply do not like! Especially those horrid diamonds in orange and some other awful colors.

The fire whistle in town blew three seperate times tonight, indicating a fire emergency. Two of the times it blew were while I was at the hairdresser and the third time was a couple hours later. When Darling Hubby called from work at lunch, he said all three times were for the plant! Fortunately, it was because three different sprinkler heads had popped because of ice. The plant makes cardboard boxes, so you can only imagine the horror it would be if a fire were to break out...

No comments: