Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It ain't easy being green...

Here's a sampling of the green's I want to use on the pine tree blocks. The one on the far left, with mostly white in it, may be the ground portion of the trees. I mean the two rectangles on either side of the trunk. I'd like to find a white with a little blue similar to the green and white for the sky portion of the block. Tomorrow I am going to cut the pieces out when I get home from work.

I think this is just going to be a small wall hanging sampler quilt. Maybe just four blocks. I need to start small so that I keep motivated and finish the project.

I am making a chicken dish that is kinda like beef stroganoff with chicken instead of beef. Campbells had recipe online that I'm loosely following. Going to have steamed broccoli and egg noodles with it.

Today was the first day back to work for me after a 12 day vacation. It wasn't a bad day. It was busy, which helped.

Tomorrow is Darling Daughter's 20th birthday. Wow. I remember the day she was born...of course. Her boyfriend bought her diamond earrings for her birthday and gave them to her last night. They were very pretty (she sent me a text picture). I've never been one for jewelry. I have my wedding ring and another simple band that I wear. That's enough for me. I did tell Darling Husband that I would like another simple ring for our 25th anniversary in a few years. And if I get it, that will be nice, but if not, that's okay too.

Darling Son isn't home from a music audition. I am not quite sure of the details, but I think it was with someone who plays for a living. I'm not too thrilled about this because his job right now is to finish school.

No comments: