Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lake Block pieces prepared

Okay, here's the pieces for the Lake Block. One 6 1/2" x 12 1/2" green on white rectangle and one 6 1/2" x 12 1/2" dark blue rectangle. Four 2 1/2" green and white squares. Turn squares over and draw a diagonal line from one corner to the opposite corner.

Tonight I made a quick dinner. I browned a pound of ground beef and sauteed an onion with it.

Then I boiled some macaroni noodles. I added them to the meat and onions, with a can of tomato soup, half a can of milk, and whatever cheese I had in the fridge. Tonight it was some velveeta, about 4 ounces, maybe less, cut in cubes.

Just mix all the ingredients together. Add salt and pepper and you have a good one dish meal.

I decided to use all white and green material instead of adding some of the pink floral. That may or may not go into the next block. We'll see.

My mother got her purse back! All that was missing was the cash. She was very lucky to get it. I thought it was a goner.

I'm glad I have challenged myself to make one block a week this year. It's not much, but it has forced me to not be lazy!

No comments: