Thursday, January 7, 2010

A slight error...


Okay, it's a learning experience for me... The last post said to cut four pieces of the green and white material at 2-3/4"x3-1/2". I have edited the post to read the correct measurement of 3"x3-1/2". I apologize for this and will try not to let it happen again. I'm going to try and get a week ahead of myself so that I can work out the bugs before posting! Hey, I'm human...lol!

Moving forward. Here are the pieces being assembled. To assemble one flying geese unit, I drew diagonal lines on the 3-1/2" squares. Then I sewed to one side of the rectangle, trimmed, flipped, and finger pressed. In my case, I used half a clothespin for the pressing. It works pretty good and I didn't have to pay for a fancy wooden pressing tool! That's it sitting on the big blue square. After sewing and flipping the first half, sew the other side on the diagonal line, trim and flip and press. Actually, I sew just a thread to the sky portion of the units, to allow for material while flipping. Press to the sky (bottom unit).

To stitch the trunk unit, it's pretty simple. Using a quarter inch seam, as for all seams, by the way, sew a 3-1/2"x3" green and white unit to the 1-1/2"x3-1/2" unit. Press seams to the green and white units.

I made a dish called 'almost stuffed peppers' tonight for supper. It was pretty simple. Browned ground beef, onions, cut up pepper, garlic, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and instant rice. The recipe came from www.allrecipes.com and I thought it was quick and easy.

My grandmother went to the hospital this morning because she was having trouble breathing. She is staying overnight.

Woke up to about six inches of snow this morning. My drive in to work wasn't bad, but the drive home was awful. The roads were drifted over and frozen in spots. Not good at all. I was very glad to get home.

No comments: