Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday afternoon naptime

Yesterday I was able to get the Raising Cane rows sewn together. I need to cut the borders and add them now. The original pattern just calls for one 7" border but I think I'm going to add an inner border or two first.

Darling Daughter and her boyfriend came by today and went with the rest of us over to my dad's for dinner. It was my sister in law's birthday so we had a meal at noon over there. It was nice to have both my kids around at the same time for a change. Darling Son has gone to work, the other two have gone home, and Darling Hubby is napping on the couch. I'm in the process of taking down my winter village, but it's time consuming and boring, so I'm taking a break. Thinking about taking a nap, myself!

I know it's probably not a very interesting show to many quilters, but for some odd reason I like watching that show 'Ax Men'. Well, when I was taking my village down and putting all the trees away, I said to my hubby that I should be on that show! Goofy, I know. I like that show, and I liked that show 'Ice Road Truckers' when it was on, also.

I took a couple of dips over to Dad's. One was a simple Rotel tomato and Velveeta dip in the mini crock pot. The other is a taco layer dip. Here are the layers (spread out in order listed on a cookie sheet or platter):

1 can refried beans
8 oz pkg cream cheese combined with 16 oz sour cream and 1 pkt taco seasoning mix
16 oz salsa
shredded lettuce to cover
1 chopped green pepper
1 bunch chopped green onions
1 tomato diced
1 small can sliced olives, drained well
2 cups finely shredded cheese

You can change this up, omit things, add things, whatever you want. The key is to have the mixture of cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning mix in it. It would also be good with a layer of taco meat or even some black beans. It's good with Tostito's Scoops. So is the Rotel/Velveeta dip!

Well, the comfy chair and electric blanket are calling my name! Gonna take nappies now and worry about dinner later. Dairy Queen chicken strip basket sounds good...

No comments: