Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday night at home


Here's a picture of the partial trees block. The final block will have the tree tops and a block representing the sun, I'm thinking. I'm also not real sure about the four patch unit and the fact that it's supposed to represent a field of flowers. I considered putting another lake, but that might be too much.

I pin basted the charity baby quilt today. I finally put some of my village houses in the porch closet. I was actually able to get to the porch closet because I started cleaning the porch. I filled three big garbage bags and two boxes before running out of steam. There are a couple boxes of books that I'm going to have Nick take out to the car tomorrow so I can drop them at the thrift store Monday. My friend Donna wants to go through the boxes first, which is fine.

My poor old pooch is really having trouble with her back legs. It makes me sad to watch her try and get up on a chair and have her back legs just tremble or give out all together.

I have stayed on my points today, woohoo! This is a really big deal for me because weekends are hard for me. I want to graze all day long. I also got on the treadmill for 17 minutes. I'm getting there....slow but sure.

Nick had to work tonight. Everett was supposed to go in but the plant called him off. So there went my night alone to sew. Oh well, I'm not complaining. I did get a few little things done at least.

Johanna and Ben took Johnathon to the races on ice at the family center. I sure hope the baby is good for them. I would think it would be too loud for him, and for Johanna even. She really doesn't like loud noises.

I made another batch of dough today from that book Judy L. recommended on her site. Wow, is that the best ever. I made pizzas last night using it for the crust and they were really wonderful.

No comments: