Thursday, August 19, 2010

8 rows done, 18 to sew...

Eight rows of the 26 are sewn together on the mystery quilt. After four rows were done I brought it downstairs and laid it across the bed to get an idea of how big it is. You know how I was trying to decide on a border? Well, I am not putting much of a border on this puppy because it is HUGE. I love it. I know it will shrink some as it's quilted, but there is about a 16" overhang on both sides of the bed right now. It will get a small border just to tie it all together, but that's all it's going to need. I'm beginning to get a little nervous about how I'm going to quilt this beast... I'm sure I'll find a way!

I sure wish I could sew all day long every day. I plan on having that longarm machine someday (hopefully soon) and being able to take quilting jobs once I am good enough. It would be nice to be able to work at home, but realistically I know it isn't possible now. It's nice to dream, though. Gotta be able to dream. That's what keeps me going.

No comments: