Sunday, August 22, 2010

Johanna came to visit

I didn't think she would be up, but Johanna came for about an hour this evening to visit. Her and Ben got the basement cleaned up and I guess they didn't want to cook. Luckily, Ev made enough chicken on the grill that there was some leftover. I opened a can of baked beans and Ev threw another couple peaches on the grill. He had also made big portabella mushroom caps on the grill. Everything was really good. The chicken had a raspberry glaze on it that was very tasty.

I went up to the sewing room for a bit and tried to decide what to work on again. I pulled out the pink and cream log cabin squares. My notes tell me I was going to make 36 squares and set it in a barn raising. So, I think that's what I'm going to go with. My color choices for the creams are going to be a little different than I first had planned, mostly because my stash has grown and I have a better selection to choose from.

I have Nick's clothes all washed and ready for him to take to Springfield. He works until 9:30 tonight and will stop at home one more time before heading up there to get his stuff and food.

No comments: