Saturday, August 14, 2010

I love Saturdays...

Today even though I didn't have to work, I was up at 7 and ready to rock and roll. Texted Lori and asked if she wanted to go to breakfast then to Aldi and Rural King. She is an early bird like me and she was ready by 7:45, so off we went! I got most of my shopping done for a couple days, and I'm hoping Johanna and Ben come by one night soon so we can have home made pizza. I have all the fixins for them now. I do need to put together the dough for the crust, but that doesn't take too long.

I have one and a half rows done for the mystery quilt. Even though I showed a picture of it as a block, it is constructed in rows. Since I just finished a little housework (what a bad word!) I thought I would go up and sew in a few minutes. Ev went out on a bike ride and Nick is still sleeping until he has to go to work this afternoon

Made a big pot of chili last night. I know it's hotter than blue blazes out there but chili just sounded good. Ev was in the mood for it too, so it was a good choice. I took some over to my great uncle, the one who has been giving me garden goodies all summer. Between chili, pies, and other goodies, it all balances out in trade! haha.

I hesistate to put it on here, but Ivy has had FIVE straight days of no accidents in the house! Maybe, just maybe, she is on her way to being housebroke. Usually the weekends are a challenge because our household routine is changed, but I'm really going to try and keep up with her weekday routine of going out this weekend and maybe we won't break her winning streak! Right now she is laying on the kitchen floor, completely covering the air conditioning vent. Hmm. Does she think that no one else needs cooling off?

We are planning to go to a winery a few miles north of here this afternoon with another couple. I'm looking forward to it. Have heard good things about it.

Ev and I are both on vacation this coming week. I'm also looking forward to that! We don't really have any plans to do anything, other than just relax. He may go up to visit his mother and brothers later in the week.

I called the retreat center where Donna and I stayed a couple years ago when we went to Paducah for the quilt show. Even though the show isn't until April of 2011, you cannot find a hotel room within a half hour of it right now! The retreat center has private cabins with full kitchens, and is about 45 minutes from the show, so it works out perfectly. The kitchen is a real plus, because it saves enormously on the cost of the trip when we don't have to eat three meals a day at a restaurant. Although we are going to have to make a point to stop at this one greasy spoon that we stopped in last time for breakfast because they had the absolute best biscuits I had ever tasted!

Now, I know biscuits aren't really on my diet, but I'm okay with that once in a while. I have started losing again, and am now at 180, which means 43 pounds lost since January. I feel really good about this. I have 37 more to go to get to my goal weight. Slow and steady wins the race!

Off to sew! (after I put another load of laundry in the washer....sigh)

No comments: